CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Clips:

Just stopping by to let you know that I haven't forgotten all about posting the second half of our vacation. (Because I know that y'all are on the edge of your seats, right?) It just seems that life and circumstances have gotten in our way. Besides, the pictures I have are too good not to share.

With that, I'm going to bring you up to speed on what exactly is making blogging so difficult at times.

For the past 2 days, Eric has been out of town and true to fashion, one of my kids ends up sick. This time was Elaina's turn. Eric hadn't even been gone for 24 hours when she begins to run a fever, chills, and vomiting. Needless to say, I have been home from work playing the role of Exclusive Caregiver to both kids on very little rest.

This morning as we were cuddled on the couch, Elaina had gotten sick in her "puke bowl" just as Lincoln was crawling over the sofa to investigate. He eyes up the bowl and declares, "Soup!" Not so much Kid. Ewww.

At dinner, Lincoln started on a roll of making noises to see which one Just Might Be the Funniest of All. He began to "Oink" which led Elaina to follow with "Oink, Oink!" <<-- with inflection. Soon I found that I was listening to an entire conversation between my Darlings which only consisted of the word "oink." They were cracking each other up.

While watching TV, I sat down on the floor to cuddle up with Lincoln and soon Elaina joins me on my lap. As I was hugging them together, Elaina noted that "we're a small family without our Daddy." She's right, I think we are all missing him.

Finally, Lincoln is not potty trained. He is not actively potty-training and furthermore, I don't know when he will ever express an interest in being potty trained. As I was changing his stink diaper tonight, we had a conversation all about where poopy goes and how big boys don't wear diapers and yadda-yadda-yadda... same as always. (He knows the answers!) My final question to him was, "Lincoln, when do you think you'll be a big boy and not wear diapers anymore?" His reply, "Good question Mom."

Just one more that is too sweet to not make note: A few days back Lincoln was having a Behavior Issue (read: crying like a banshee for no particular reason except he's 2) and I've learned some multi-step tactics to deal with his fits. This particular moment found me cradling him in my arms without saying any words and just letting him calm down and cry it out. Before long, he takes his thumb from his mouth as he began to wind down and in a tender voice says, "Mom? thanks." IlovehimIlovehimIlovehim.

So this is what parenting is all about isn't it?

0 Welcome Comments: