Monday, June 16, 2008

The New and Improved

4:30 a.m.
Dear God! That's what time I peeled myself out of bed this morning.

5:30 a.m.
Yawn.... Stretch... this is what time I had to pluck my little Baby Sweet from his snuggly, warm crib.

6:00 a.m.
This is the time we arrived at the hospital for Lincoln's ear tube procedure.

7:30 a.m.
Actual time that Lincoln's procedure was to begin.

Number of times that I found myself grateful that (#1) they air the Disney channel in the individual patient rooms, (#2) thankful that Lincoln finds great comfort in his blanket and his thumb and (#3) happy that Lincoln will finally be relieved of the pain and discomfort of having fluid in his ears and constant ear aches.

I'm happy to report that Lincoln's ear tube procedure was a great success. I felt especially comfortable with the doctor performing the procedure since I had chosen him myself and as an added bonus, our neighbor/ friend just happened to be scheduled for a rare morning shift and was the surgical assistant in the actual operating room. She saw Lincoln's name on the surgery schedule and was eager to take care of her little, baby buddy. His procedure literally took all of 5 minutes and the doctor was out to talk with me so quickly when it was over, I had a hard time believing that he even had time to begin. The doctor and our friend Kim both commented on how excellent Lincoln did and how flawless the tubes went in. Our time in the recovery room was even quite short as Lincoln gulped down a sugar-water bottle and acted fine almost immediately. My tough little guy did great and was even smiling like his old, happy self within the hour. God I love that boy!

Another great part of our day was having my mom and dad at home caring for Elaina while I was with Lincoln and Eric was at work. Elaina coaxed me into a nap with her (read: I ran her upstairs as soon as nap time approached) and we woke to find my bed made with pillow shams and all in perfect order, a full basket at the bottom of the stairs of carefully folded laundry and the smell of lunch being prepared for me. Helloooo! Pinch me now Please! I could sooo get used to this. And since I was already scheduled off work for the whole day, I had made an appointment with my dentist to get a crown put on my tooth. So there. My perfect day of getting my baby fixed up and being treated like a queen quickly hit the wall when the dentist was drilling in my head for an entire hour. I guess even karma has to restore balance from time to time. Lucky for me, my mom is doing her best to still tip the scale of spoiling. That's what I'm talkin' about! If they're not careful, I'll be forced to disable their van and sell their house and belongings and they'll just have to stay here. Ha! Let's see what kind of karma that brings on.

2 Welcome Comments:

Kelsey said...


I'm so glad things went well. Enjoy the week with live-in helpers!!!

Heather said...

Yay! It sounds like things went pretty smoothly. Good for all of you!