CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Big Girl Day !


Another first ... Elaina is out of her infant carrier and is now enjoying the luxury and fit of her new carseat ! Yeah !

Last night, Eric switched out her infant carrier and replaced both vehicles with new big-kid-carseats ! I love looking over my shoulder to see her sweet, smiling face and see her looking back at me. Oh, what a big girl ! I know the importance of the rear-facing infant seat for safety purposes, but when traveling with a newborn, isn't that all you want to look at ? I've always hated that. So, now I have my big, one year old that I can peek at any time I'd like. I just can't get over how cute she looks in her big seat.

We tested out her new seat by going out for ice cream. ( Oh yeah, and the fact that it was like 95 degrees outside ! ) With her disposable bib in place, Elaina sucked down her very first baby cone all on her own ! She loved it. In the beginning, she wasn't entirely sure what I was offering her in her face, but as she caught on, she was like a baby bird with her mouth gaping open ready for the next bite. Yum ! The cone turned into a soggy mess before she was able to tackle it, but she did a great job.

When we got home from our ice cream party, Eric tried to ease Elaina into her new baby pool which had about 3 hours to warm in the 95 degree heat. Yet, it was still on the cold side for the Princess's liking. Eric dipped her feet into the water as she fussed and hollered and made her dislike known to all within a 5 mile radius. I would hope that she begins to like the water soon. We don't really know anyone with a swimming pool and we had hoped that the 3 ring baby pool would suffice for now. Who knows ? I guess we'll have to keep trying ; I can't wait to see our water bill !

0 Welcome Comments: