CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 31, 2006

Growing Spurt

It's amazing how fast babies grow ! I'm pretty sure that my baby is growing into a "kid" before my very eyes !

From the minute I walked in the door as I got home from work, I knew Elaina was tired with a capital "T." She was into everything and being about as busy as a baby can be. That's a sure sign that she is running on empty. "Tired baby mode" strikes and she is going, going, going yet, nothing holds her attention. This was the case tonight.

After a good dinner, I changed her diaper and I could tell that she was wearing thin. She was sucking on her binky and rubbing another binky on her face and in her eye. That's it - she was ready for bed. I lay her in her crib with her lullabies on and she was out within 5 minutes. Elaina's night wrapped up at 7:00 ! A whole hour earlier than usual.

My mom arrived only minutes later, ready to dole out some hugs upon Sweetness, only to find her curled up in her bed. These nights are rare. Elaina hardly ever goes to bed that early and my mom never comes during the week to visit. The reason for grandma's visit is due to the babysitter's daughter having surgery tomorrow and I told her to take care of her daughter as she recovers and Elaina's grandma will take care of her. Grandma was more than willing to come pitch in to spend some time with her favorite Lulu. She was looking forward to it !

Since grandma missed out on Elaina time, she helped out with some laundry and we baked cookies together.
Before I went to bed, I checked on Elaina and put her jammies on her and swear that she has grown since I lay her down at 7:00 !! It's true !

It's incredible what can get accomplished when you have extra set of hands to help and not having to juggle with a one year old. But, I would never, ever want to do without my one year old, the only thing I'm thinking of changing is not letting my mom go home !

0 Welcome Comments: