CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Courtesy of Grandma ...

I was thinking that since my mom spent the day with Elaina, it would be appropriate to let her try her hand at doing tonight's blog entry ! The only preface I can add is that when I came home from work, dinner was waiting for us and my baby was happy as can be. I could easily get used to this ! Let's see what grandma has to say ...

GRANDMA'S HERE! LET THE SPOILING BEGIN! What fun, I get to babysit with Elaina and spoil Laura and Eric (and Keegan) all at the same time. For the next few days, my only responsibility is to take care of Elaina. Laura and Eric are not used to having someone stay at their house to babysit so anything that I do for them, like cooking a meal or folding laundry, has been greatly appreciated. Babysitting with Elaina is so much fun. She doesn't usually get to stay home and play with her toys during the day so she has been busy all day long -- playing, playing and playing. She cooked in her Little Tikes kitchen, she rode her little toy 4 wheeler bike, she rocked and read books with Grandma, she watched some of her favorite television shows. (We had planned to go outside to play in her water table but with the heat index close to 100 degrees we decided to stay in.) All day long she was the sweetest, most cheerful child you could possibly want. She didn't even get cranky at nap time; she just started to go a little slower and would put her head down on whatever furniture she was near. So off to bed we went for a fast game of "Peek-a-boo" and then she rolled over and went to sleep. Elaina does have one fault-- she is a climber. She spent the day climbing onto the sofa or onto the chairs and usually she is pretty careful. But as I was cooking this afternoon, I was aware of the fact that she had come into the kitchen and was climbing up onto a chair. Before I could get my hands clean to get her down, I heard a "Huh, huh!" The monkey had decided to climb onto the table and had accidentally pushed the chair back as she launched herself onto the table. Now she was head and shoulders on the table and her feet were dangling. Rule #1 when watching Elaina -- it's not enough to know where she is, you must know what she is doing because she is fast. All in all it was a busy day. Elaina was so tired she could hardly wait for her bath and bed time. And this Grandma is ready for bed too because I just know she is going to keep me running again tomorrow.


0 Welcome Comments: