CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Short List

In my professional opinion, whatever it's worth, there are few things in life that can even hold a candle to a hug from your child.

I'm not talking about a grab-'ya-'round-the arms-hug, either. I'm referring to the sweetest, most tender hug given to me tonight by Elaina just before bedtime. We read stories together before she began telling me, "Bed. Night,night." She crawled out of my lap and began to walk to her crib. I asked her if she could come back to say our prayers together. She easily came back to me, climbed onto my lap and swung her arms around my neck and hugged me for all she was worth. The better part was that it wasn't a flash-in-the-pan hug either. She kept on hugging me until she finished with a kiss on the lips and asked to go to bed.

Melt. Melt. Melt. These are the times I wish I just had a freeze button to make time stand still. Did I mention how much I love that girl?

0 Welcome Comments: