CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas vacation

The 26th of December! What a lovely day, December 26th. The day following Christmas has always been like a little reward for me. Christmas is still a lovely and fresh memory, you're still pouring over your new goodies from Santa and if you're lucky, there's a refrigerator full of delicious leftovers upon which you are now granted permission to graze upon. What's not to love? On top of that, if there isn't a giant ice storm in the town you're staying in, the day-after-Christmas shopping is great!

This was a great day of full blown laying around and I loved every minute of it. I took Elaina to see her first basketball game at my old high school gym in the evening. My friend happened to be one of the players in an alumni girl's game and I thought it would make an excellent opportunity to show my support for her while seeing how long Elaina would be able to sit still at a sporting event. I reached my conclusion after only 8 minutes. That was it. We sat down, greeted some friends around us, she ate a snack, she was thirsty, wanted to go to the bathroom and then wanted to go home. Okay. Good thing it was free admission.

Later in the evening, Eric and I joined some friends for a night on the town. Alright, we were with friends, we were at a bar and although we had a nice time visiting, it would really be a stretch to it was a "night on the town." If only you saw the town bar. That will just be one of those fun, little memories you tuck clear back in the corner of your mind. But hey, it's the company you keep, right?

0 Welcome Comments: