CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

My Love

Here's something you may not have known about me. I tell Elaina and Lincoln "I Love You" about 7,00 times a day. It's true. There's not a second in their lives that I ever want them to doubt or think twice about how much their Mommy or Daddy love them or forget those spoken words.

Tonight was really no different. I was getting Elaina ready for bed and telling her that I loved her. At that moment, I began to question if, at two years old, does she really know what that term means? Seriously, I tell her all of the time, she hears us talk about love and I know she reciprocates the words back to us, but does she really know what love is?

Let me share our special moment with you: (Grab the tissue.)

Mommy: Elaina, do you know that Mommy loves you?

Elaina: Yes Mommy! (Swinging her arms around my neck.)

M: Do you know what love is?

E: Yes Mommy! (Now climbing me.)

M: Love is special, warm hugs that you can feel in your heart and makes you feel good all over. (Squeezing her in a tight hug)

E: Oh Mommy!

M: Love is also kisses on your face and your neck and tickles too! (Demonstrating same)

E: (Squealing with laughter)

M: Love is also when Mommy smiles at you because you make Mommy so happy.

Elaina and Mommy hugging at this point.

M: Elaina, can you tell me what love is?

E: Cows!

Seriously, what's not to love about this girl?
(And cows. I guess.)

0 Welcome Comments: