CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Need for Speed

Can someone explain to me how watching race cars go around and around and around the racetrack can be so exciting ? I guess I'll just chalk this one up to "I'm-just-a-girl-who-doesn't-get-the-sport" kinda thing.

Eric left this morning (along with 11 other guys in an RV) and headed to the NASCAR races in Bristol for the weekend. I'm glad that he gets away to enjoy some down time with his buddies once in a while, but I don't understand how Eric makes it through the whole race. While watching the race on TV at home, he moreless ends up watching the insides of his eyelids. The constant hum of the race cars always puts him to sleep ! I'm going to have to guess that the actually race is more thrilling from the stands.

Since Eric is gone, Elaina and I will be enjoying some girl time this weekend. I can't even tell you how much I am ready for this weekend to get here. What a busy week ! Our concrete patio will be finished tomorrow night when I get home from work and I'll be posting a new picture shortly thereafter. It really looks great so far and I'm glad that we decided to get it done. One more house project to cross off the list. WhooHoo !

3 Welcome Comments:

Kate said...

"Oh Laurie"-- don't you just love NASCAR and football season. BARF(tee hee)

Kate said...

Oh Laurie...

Kate said...

Lookie, Laurie-- you have many posts!