CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Table Manners

The count is up to 4. For the past 4 days Elaina has screamed and resisted me putting her in her highchair to eat dinner. Does Daddy have this problem in the morning when he feeds her breakfast ? Of course not. What gives ? I always win, her butt goes in the seat.

The only half-bit compromise she will offer is that I have to have her in one hand and her plate of food in the other, ready to place before the Queen. Not like she'll eat it, it just has to be visible. Tonight, after her sit-down-strike, I offered her some applesauce and let her help spoon it into her mouth. By her fifth bite, of course she believed that she was a pro and would do it all on her own. Okay, like I was in a position to resist that mess - at least she was eating and having fun. She and I were both so proud of her, she did really well. She has used a child-safe plastic fork in the past month and just eats off of what she spears. The spoon was an accomplishment. She was consitent from the bowl to her mouth several times in a row.

In our "Brady Bunch" meal of "porkchops and applesauce" she faired better than last night. Her appetite is still not where I'd like it to be, but she doesn't seem to be starving. I'm hoping for a complete turnaround within the upcoming weeks.
More teeth = more food = less pain.

1 Welcome Comments:

Anonymous said...

wow laura--she'sounds to me like a normal 1 year old--no better no worse. have fun--i remember those days well--. marianne