CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

quiet time

This morning at 5:30, Lincoln woke and began to coo and gurgle and basically make general noises of a 4 month old which sound like he's communicating with dolphins. Cute, huh?

This morning at 5:50, Elaina woke and found her way into our bed and demanded toast for breakfast. Over and over and over. And since we're used to midnight bedtimes and 6:30-7:00 wake-up's, Eric tried to talk Elaina into cuddling in bed for just a little while longer.

Why is this all relevant you may ask? It's because I was the only one not talking this morning. In fact, I can barely talk more than a whisper all day long. When I woke up from the chatter of my children, my neck and glands felt swollen as large as a oak tree trunk, I figured it was going to be a quiet day. Laryngitis strikes again! Eric told Elaina that Mommy's voice was broken today. Sweetness was so concerned for me that she whispered back as she patted me on the back and said "It's okay, Mommy. You voice be better."

The greatest part of all of this is that since this Mama only has 16 hours of paid sick leave, I still had to go to work. (Hello sarcasm!) My co-workers had a field day with me, all in good fun, of course, but I couldn't even throw back my witty comments back their way without a voice. Whispering my wise cracks only made it more humorous.

Now, after 17 hours of whispering, coughing and sucking lozenges like a junkie, I'm anxious to see what tomorrow has in store for me. I don't have the same symptoms of a cold, so I'm leaning toward allergy related crap. Crap.

Does anyone happen to have any quick fixes for allergies and/ or laryngitis?

help. me. please.

2 Welcome Comments:

Anonymous said...

Mucinex is great for the throat clogging crap that smother your vocal cords and muffle your voice. If you take it for two days straight it should break up the mucus and let you talk again. By the way daughter, I'm sure you inherited this allergy from me ---so Sorry!
Grandma H.

Heather said...

Write notes and rest your voice as much as possible. I lose my voice about once a year and get many many wise cracks about my whispering since I'm a librarian. Not fun! Hang in there.