CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Simply Yours

Just in case I don’t think I have quite enough balls in the air at one time trying to balance work, kids, cooking, housework and rest, I have recently decided to become a Tastefully Simple consultant. (Put your rolling eyes back on straight now.) I have never let myself branch out like this before in such uncharted territory as far as a home-based business, but as of now, I’m pretty excited about my new endeavor.

Just in case you’re not familiar with the Tastefully Simple collection, it's worth checking out their website at TastefullySimple dot com. I hosted a home party in April for my consultant friend and ended up netting the highest sales she had ever reached with one show. Pretty impressive for not even trying. It was more or less doing her a favor in booking a show. Also at that time, I committed to host a book party in the fall in order to reach a selling goal of earning another free piece of stoneware from their hostess collection. So here I am, having my book party, collecting orders so quickly that I hardly have time to write them all down and I made my mind up that maybe this consultant gig wouldn’t be so bad for me after all. With the encouragement from my consultant friend, I pushed myself over the edge, consenting to get started on my own.

I placed my first online order the other night and saw that this really could work out to be as easy as my friend claims it to be. The only thing that I have some reservation about is my time spent away from my family. So, that leaves my independent intellectual side of my brain to remind me that it’s good for me to get out of the house from time to time while Eric fills his role as full time Dad and I’m going to be doing it to actually make us some mad money to spend on the side. Besides, each show requires approximately 4-5 hours of work anyhow. Listen to the rational side. Listen to the practical side. Be wise, Mommy. It’s a good thing.

And finally, that leaves me to you. Who wants me to come do a party for them?

1 Welcome Comments:

Kelsey said...

We've done the Southern Living thing a couple of times which I think is similar. And I just talked with Matt about becoming a consultant. I know they aren't exactly the same, but I'll be anxious to hear how it goes!