CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, January 01, 2007

Room for Improvement

I'd like to know how the whole practice of making new year's resolutions swept our nation ? Do people around the world do this in a similar fashion ? Did our ancestors from 100 years ago buy into this "resolution" mindset ?

Just for the sake of making it known, I have actually made one resolution and followed through all of last year. Last year's resolution was to quit making impractical-waste-of-money purchases. I was tired of going through my house, sifting through junk, wondering how I let myself spend my money on dumb stuff. Before I doled out the cash, I got in the habit of asking myself if it was necessary and/ or worthwhile. When the answer turned out to be "no," I even embarassed myself by putting the item back before I had any regrets. This habit has since become a part of my lifestyle and I'm happy to have less junk and more money to show for it !

January 1, 2007 : Time to put some thought into a new new year's resolution. I credit myself with being a truly practical person and like to enjoy life. I'm a realist and a planner. I don't intend to set myself up for failure or desire the unattainable. Like any other working-class-kinda-gal, I know that I have ample room for improvement. This is why I've decided to start myself on a 12 step program. I resolve to set a goal for myself each and every month for self improvement. This plan is all inclusive : mind, body, soul, relationships and spirit. Umm ... just thinking about this, I could quite possibly set goals each month for the rest of the decade.

At the beginning of each month, I've vowing to set a standard for myself to build upon and improve upon. With each passing month, I'm hoping that I am able to embrace a new standard that becomes part of my lifestyle. By the end of 2007, I hope to possess 12 new qualities about myself that have helped to mold me into a better person.

It's possible that I may share my monthly goal with my readers, but if some months pass by without a report, it's quite possibly because it's rather personal - not that I simply forgot. This month's resolution is to become a better friend. I don't exactly have a whole master list to outline my method just yet. The main objectives are to take better advantage of opportunity and let my friends know that I appreciate them. I plan to be more diligent about keeping in touch and make at least one new friend this month.

I have 30 days to go ... wanna be my friend ?
I appreciate you.

1 Welcome Comments:

Heather said...

I'll be your friend! I feel like we already know each other so well through out blogs - it won't be much of a stretch. :-)