CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Call me a Quitter !

For the past 3 years, I've been the secretary of the Canal Society in our community. For the past 3 years, I've been disturbed and stressed by the lack of leadership, organization and professionalism of the president, yet she remains president. At each and every monthly meeting, there is friction, tension and discouraged effort shown to the members trying to make a difference. At our summer festival, which we work all year long to organize, things fall to pieces due to lack of help and support. Most often, I feel as though our efforts are done in vain.

Everyday, I make a conscience effort to do everything in power to make my life stress- free. (Stress seems to find me without asking for it !) After much consideration, I have finally thrown in the towel. At tonight's meeting, I resigned my membership and duty as secretary. For the first time in three years, I walked in the door from the meeting with a smile on my face. I plan to continue to volunteer under the direction of my friends who continue their involvement and put in some hours at the summer festival. As it stands for now, no more friction and stress, no more complaining and no more Thursday meetings. Even better yet ... I haven't a single regret. I am happily finished, so go ahead and call me a "quitter !"

0 Welcome Comments: