CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 30, 2006

And We're Off !!

Let the birthday weekend commence !!

Our little princess will be turning one on Sunday and we have a full weekend ahead of us celebrating with friends and family and enjoying the 4th of July holiday. And, because Eric and I have taken Monday off work, it will be like a 4 day weekend vacation. That's rare - but lucky for us.

I hitched a ride to work with a friend this morning so that Eric, Elaina and Keegan could pick me up from work and jump on the highway for the long ride to my parents' house. (That always means lots of packing the night before - but saves a lot of time in the long run. ) Elaina talked and played with her toys for all of about 20 minutes until she was lulled to sleep by the car motor and the air conditioning. We reached our halfway point and decided to make a pit stop for dinner at SkyLine Chili ( my favorite place ever with the closest restaurant 90 minutes away ! ) . I took Elaina into the bathroom to take care of her soggy rear and I begged another attempt for her to say "Mama." In her beautiful, crystal clear voice she said it ! Ack ! Where's "Dada" when you need a witness ? I clapped my hands and tried to make a big fuss - but somewhat quietly as we were in a public bathroom and fellow diners were enjoying their meals just outside the door. But, take my word for it, the mama- strike has ended ! She says it and my heart melts. Now, I do realize that the day will come when she will say : " Mom, I want this !" or "Mom, you don't know what you're talking about." So, now is the time I am soaking in all of the sweetness from our girl, so I can remember that this is the same girl my heart has been craving.

0 Welcome Comments: